Friday, January 11, 2008

Too long

Wow, it really has been too long since I posted a new note! Sorry for the delay! Ever since coming back from Christmas, life has been crazy and I have been so tired. By the time I get home every night I am ready for bed! How sad!

Today I write with a thankful heart. Thankful that my students have had an amazing day after such a rough week. Thankful for my job and the people I work with. Thankful for conversations I have been able to have with a few friends that have challenged me to grow in so many areas. Thankful for God's love even when it is not deserved. I am just happy. Admist the chaos of life, I find myself happy and so thankful that I am at a healthy school where I can thrive and truly feel like God has gifted me as a teacher.

I think I am so mindful of what I am thankful for because of something that happened this morning. I had a parent (the one that obviously doesn't care for me and thinks her son is perfect) snap at me for something so small and minute. She even snapped at her own son and was seriously acting like a Nazi. I walked away angry and just wanted to fight back but kept my cool. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that this woman is just angry. She has been hurt by someone and now is trying to hurt other people and it really is not worth it. I am thankful that I am not that angry or bitter that I have to find enjoyment in hurting others.

I must say that I am angry and bitter about my last job and how my boss treated me. He caused me to think twice about being a Christian and a teacher. He really screwed with my mind and only now am I trying to pick up those pieces. But I am thankful that I have other things in my life to be thankful for and set my mind on that this is much better harboring the emotions and hurting other people.

Okay, this has turned more into journal entry than anything else. I just wanted to update those out there that actually read this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog entry tonight. It seems that you are truly enjoying this season of life that you are in and counting your blessings along the way! I hope your heart continues to swell with gratitude and delight! Thanks for sharing your 'thankful heart' with us!

Heather

Anonymous said...

I read it too! Thanks for sharing your heart with us.

- Jen Cochrane ><>

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.