Sunday, April 20, 2008

Intelligent Design

I was told about this movie put on by Ben Stein about science vs. creation. I was a bit skeptic but it proved to be a great documentary. Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed interviews science professors, those that believe in creation and those that believe in evolution. It is interesting the amount of grief the creationists received, some lost their jobs in major universities because of a simple mention of intelligent design.

Ben Stein also went to concentration camps while investigating how much Hitler relied on Darwinism and evolution to prove his theory of extermination.

One of the coolest parts for me was seeing one of my professors, Stephen Meyer, in the movie! He works for Discovery Institute and is a big creationist. It was sweet to see him on the big screen!

It is amazing to see the hatred and anger scientists have toward the idea of God. I do believe that science and faith need to be seperate in some cases and that faith isn't the end all. But, it was amazing to see what great lengths these scientists would go to disprove God. After watching the movie, I was mindful of how faith is so very important. God doesn't show Himself so clearly for so many reasons.

It was an incredible, thought provoking movie that I am sure will not last very long in the theaters. The most interesting part for me was that Ben Stein isn't even a Christian, he is Jewish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.