Monday, September 26, 2011

Sovereign Over Us

A friend who was leading worship this weekend texted me to let me know that she was thinking of me as she was practicing this song. I listened to the song and I don't love the sound but I love the lyrics, couldn't be more perfect for my job situation.

Sovereign Over Us by Aaron Keyes

There is strength within the sorrow, There is beauty in our tears
You meet us in our mourning, With a love that casts out fear

You are working in our waiting, Sanctifying us
When beyond our understanding, You’re teaching us to trust


Your plans are still to prosper, You have not forgotten us
You’re with us in the fire and the flood
Faithful forever, Perfect in love
You are sovereign over us


You are wisdom unimagined, Who could understand your ways
Reigning high above the heavens, Reaching down in endless grace
Youʼre the Lifter of the lowly, Compassionate and kind
You surround and You uphold me, Your promises are my delight


Even what the enemy means for evil
You turn it for our good, You turn it for our good and for your glory
Even in the valley You are faithful
Youʼre working for our good, Youʼre working for our good and for your glory


I love the line, "Your plans are still to prosper, You have not forgotten us". I am clinging to this as I wait for a job. The waiting is always the hardest and the more I wait, the more I doubt God and His provision but I have to trust that He has my best in mind and will provide in His time. Most importantly, I have to trust that He has not forgotten me and that His love for me is constant.

Even though I got yet another job rejection this past Friday, I have felt encouraged and more at peace than ever before. I know this is God working in my heart (and perhaps preparing me for that perfect job ;).

I continue to be so thankful for friends and family that have remained so supportive and encouraging, that is what helps me get through the bad days and what makes me smile more on the great days.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

never loose hope, God always answers in HIS TIME, be patient - He is faithful & wonderful God - I love Him so much & can't wait to see Him face to face on that special day when we all gather! I'll see you there bro!