Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A New Perspetive

This has been a rough season in my life as I once again am forced to go on unemployment. Talk about the lowest of lows. I literally have applied for 50+ jobs over the last two weeks. I somehow think that non-teaching job prospects overlook my application thinking that I have no experience other than teaching. Little do they know that teaching requires a lot of secretarial work as well. Sigh. I am not someone that enjoys a lot of down time or just being home all day. I much rather be doing something of significance with my time.

So, with the goal of keeping a happy heart and trusting in God's perfect plan, I reflect on what I am thankful for and some of my favorite memories from this summer:

Thankful for:


-Parents who have been so supportive and encouraging through this whole unemployment thing.

-A wonderful church that constantly reminds me that God is in control and not done with me yet.

-Great friends who make me laugh constantly.

Memories:

-Movies in the park (E.T. and True Grit)

- Precious auntie and sister time this past weekend


-Seahawks game with Melynda, laughing until our sides hurt on the way home.


-Meeting up with Kirsti and her family in San Francisco.


-Spending the day with Jen and sweet Liam.

-Time at home - relaxing with Mom and Dad and helping Grampy around the house.

Looking back, there has never been a time when God hasn't take care of me or when I was so desperate. I know He has something planned and I am trying to trust in His timing. Of course I want a job NOW and I have made that very clear on several occasions but I also don't want to miss whatever it is that God is doing through this process. So, for now, I continue to hold on for the ride and trust that God will pull through, even if it is at the last minute. Until then, I pray for a new and better perspective.

No comments: