Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

During the month of November, I can't help but think of all that I am thankful for. Especially this November as life has taken an unexpected turn for my family and we have had to deal with less than desirable circumstances. There have been many tears, heartache and prayers on my sweet sister's behalf and I know all of us want to help her, erase that pain and yet feel so helpless. I wish I lived in Wenatchee so I could help Heather and love on her as much as possible. I almost feel guilty on the days that I share a laugh with someone else or forget, just for a moment, what is going on. As the days have gone by and life has turned back to semi-normal after our time in Auburn, I have grown thankful for the moments of laughter, thankful for friends who have been there for me and have allowed me to be so emotionally messy and still love me and thankful for the friends that are taking such great care of my sis.

Over this last month, I have been so aware of how blessed I am with my family. I love my family so much and love how we have all come together on my sweet sister's behalf. I have seen all of us rise up and use our gifts to uniquely love on Heather and her sweet boys.



I am thankful that I get to be Auntie to four of the cutest kids around who constantly make me laugh and feel so loved.


I am thankful for my best friend, Kirsti. We have been dear friends for over 10 years and she has always been so supportive, encouraging and providing humor when most needed. Even though we live states apart, I know I can count on her for anything. Thankfully, I was able to meet up with her this summer and meet her sweet baby.


Most of all, I am thankful that God has surrounded me with so many amazing people - friends and family. And I am thankful that I am a part of an amazing church that is all about transforming lives and living in the grace of God.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


No comments: