Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Life

Life has been full and crazy these past few months: being in a serious relationship, working at a new job, trying to get over the last job I lost, maintaining friendships, becoming more involved at my church and trying to navigate this thing called life. Now don't get me wrong, life has also been great. I have an amazing roommate who just makes life fun and I have an incredible network of friends who remind me to laugh often.

God has also been teaching me a ton lately and showing me that He needs to be my #1, no matter what comes my way. When this happens, everything just seems to fall into place and He truly takes care of everything. It is so easy to get distracted and wrapped up in the stress of everyday life and rely on other people more than God. This can become so dangerous and I have learned the hard way that this is not the way to go. People and things will let you down but God will always be there and be your biggest cheerleader. When my mind if focused more on God and what He has for me, life seems so much better.

A couple weeks ago as someone was sharing their testimony he said that, "God never wastes a hurt". I have thought about this a lot over the past few weeks as I have been reflecting on my life and what God has done. It is so great to know that nothing is wasted and that God can and will turn anything into something valuable. I am so thankful for this truth.

Here are a few pictures from the past few months:


Bowling with some of my favorite people, especially these two.


View of the sunset driving home from Tahoe at Christmastime.


Loving some auntie time in the snow.

I am looking forward to seeing how God uses this last year for His glory and also looking forward to life (hopefully) slowing down a bit.

No comments: