Monday, May 11, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

A yummy edible bouquet I received from a student.

The beautiful bouquet of flowers I received on Monday.

I woke up grumpy this morning with a lot of things on my mind and not feeling rested. When I got to school, I was quickly reminded that today was the start to Teacher Appreciation Week! What a treat! We were served yummy apple fritters and Starbucks coffee. Then, as my students arrived this morning they each presented me with a flower that became part of a beautiful and quite large bouquet. We also had the option of massages but last year when I had that done, I was sore for like 3 weeks so I opted out of that this year.
The rest of this week is full of fun things such as car washes, a yummy lunch and treats throughout the week.

My favorite part of today was when my students started coming in and I was still extra grumpy and one of my kiddos came up with a flower and said, "Miss Bobst, you are appreciated". Too cute!

No comments: