Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Southern California Trip

For the second part of my Christmas break I made the trek down to southern California to meet up with Kirsti and her boyfriend. It was a crazy busy time of visiting different family members and just having fun! It was great to see Kirsti after not seeing her for a year and a half! We enjoyed each other just like old types and especially enjoyed our traditional pillow talk. She is the truly the best friend anyone could ask for and I am so thankful to have her in my life.
Our trip included arriving at her grandma's house at 3am, many trips to relatives houses, a 3am trip to get seats at the Rose Parade, a day at Disneyland and going to the movie with Kirsti's grandma.
While we were down there, we visited and stayed with my aunt Marlene and her family. It was great to play wii with my cousin Cole and just enjoy an evening with them. I felt bad because that was the day of the Rose Parade so we were exhausted when we arrived at their house.


My cousins Garrett and Cole showing how much they love each other.

Me and Kirsti showing our excitement (or exhaustion?) at 4:30 in the morning at the Rose Parade.
Kirsti, Jeremy and I in line for Thunder Mountain.


Modeling our awesome, sexy glasses at Disneyland.


The Magic Kingdom!

After this trip, I will never again fly Southwest. I have so many horror stories from my adventures this Christmas. My flight to Sacramento was delayed three hours after a fiasco with de-icers and such, my sweet grandpa missed his flight after a time from hell in the airport, I almost missed my flight out of LAX even when I arrived two hours before my flight. I think I might have grown a few gray hairs through these experiences. They are definitely not worth the fifty or so dollars I save by flying with them instead of Alaska. Sheesh!

The first part of my trip was spent with my parents and Grandpa at home in Auburn. It was such a nice and relaxing time. I loved every minute of being at home from shopping with my mom to going to breakfast with my dad. I love my parents and couldn't ask for more loving and supportive parents. They are truly a gift!

No comments: