Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Grammy and Katriina!

What a bittersweet day today is! I have been constantly thinking about Grammy today, wanting to call her and wish her a happy birthday and hear her sweet voice. I miss talking to her and listening to her giggle as I tell story after story about my students. I miss hearing her call me "Amby" and telling me how much she loves me. I just miss everything about her and wish that I could talk with her just one more time. I am thinking about sweet Grampy and how sad he must be on this day. I want this to be a day of celebration though, not of sadness, and so I keep thinking about the wonderful things Grammy did for me growing up and about her sweet and thoughtful gifts and her tight hugs. This is the only picture I have of her but I think it captures perfectly how much she loved being a "Grammy". I love you Grammy and thank you for all of the wonderful memories!


On a much happier note, today is also my roommate Katriina's birthday. I am so thankful that I have such a wonderful, dear friend that I can celebrate on this special day. Going out tonight and celebrating with her and my other amazing roommate will just make this day complete for me. These two girls have become so valuable to me and I love them dearly. Katriina makes me laugh and I really treasure the three snow days last December that we got to spend together, watching Anne of Green Gables and just having some nice chats. She is a sweet person and I am so proud to call her one of my closest friends! I love you Katriina!

The two of us enjoying the snow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... I love you! You are amazing and I'm glad you could share this day with me! I am sorry it is on a sad day though. But I love you! I too loved those days of watching Anne with you! (Now we must watch the last one...even though it makes me angry that it doesn't follow the books...)

Kent & Heidi said...

that is a great picture of Grammy! I miss her too. Happy Birthday Grammy.
Heidi

Carol said...

Amber....I read this and it brought tears to my eyes. This is the kind of Grandma I want to be!!! I have been reading your blog since my trip to Seattle. I miss you and I am praying for you.