Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I almost cried yesterday...

Who knew that the end of the year could be so emotional? My students have been so sweet to me these last few days and saying things like, "I am going to miss you next year" or "you are the best teacher". It makes me realize the difference and impact I made on their lives. It is awesome to see the difference in their ideas about me from the beginning of the year until now. At the beginning of the year, I was so hard on them and now I still am but they know what I expect and that I love them. It is so funny because, at times, I see myself as being so impatient with them and hard on them and then I have my teacher aides and parents telling me that I have the patience of a saint. It is interesting what different perspectives can do!

A much as this class has been so challenging, I love each of them and will miss their cute and silly personalities next year. I will also miss the parents of these children because they have been so encouraging and supportive through this difficulty year of teaching! I definitely have quite a collection of quotes in my qoute book from this year, maybe I will publish it some day! :)

In other exciting news, I was accepted to Seattle Pacific University for my Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. I am so excited as this program is hard to get into and I was not feeling too optimistic. I will start in October, once volleyball coaching is over and it will last for two years. I am excited to go back to school and learn more but am not excited about the idea of bein in debt! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright Amber! Way to go girl! I'm soo happy for you too! Now we are both students again :)