Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

Easter was very special to me this year. I was so much more aware than in previous years what Easter is all about and what that means to me. My students and I had a great time talking about Easter and learning so much about Jesus' love for us. Below is a picture of an activity I thought up of at the last minute. I gave each student a part of scripture that talked about the Easter story and they made a "film strip" out of it that consisted of the verse and a picture describing that verse. Here is how it turned out...very cool! The only film strip that is missing from the picture is the "He is risen." Sorry about that! :)

This Easter was a blast as I got to spend it in Kent with Steve, Heather, Micah and Dick and Judy. I haven't done that since college and really was looking forward to it! Judy went all out for the egg hunt, except it was all indoors as it was pouring down rain that day. Micah LOVED egg hunting. It took him a few minutes to get the hang of it but once he did he was SO excited. It was precious. And of course, Steve Heather and I joined in on the hunt once Micah got a few! :)



What better way to end Easter with story time with Gamma? Notice Micah doesn't have clothes on, that is my fault! I leaned over to kiss him with a plate of strawberry shortcake in my hand and it spilled all over his nice khaki pants! Oh the memories!

No comments: