Monday, March 17, 2008

Being an auntie and God's grace

I have been trying to upload some pictures of my sweet class during Valentine's Day but my computer at work is not letting me! So for now here are so pictures that explain why I love being an auntie....



Tiffany and Sydney came over last week and I was able to visit with them every night they were here. It was a blast watching Sydney walk, hearing her saying "boo" and seeing her cheesy smile. It was sweet to see Micah love on her and make sure she was not able to reach his legos. I love being an auntie and I love have two of the greatest girls I know as sisters!

On another note, I was able to see Brennan Manning speak at a church this past weekend and it truly was life changing. He has authored many books but my favorite is "The Ragamuffin Gospel." It changed my view of God's grace and was very helpful in allowing me to start seeing God as gracious and loving, not judgmental and disappointed. Brennan's talk was on the compassion of Jesus and he told story after story of Jesus' compassion being witnessed on this earth and it was amazing. Very moving and heart wrenching. I walked out of there feeling like a new person, understanding Christ more and letting Him finally love me for who I am right now and not who I think I should be. It was incredible and seems to change the meaning of Easter for me this year. There is a lot more that can be said about that, if you want to know more you can always email me! :)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love the pic of you with M & S! So sweet! It was so good to see you so many days in a row! And I loved seeing how much Sydney loves you!... I'm glad the Brennan Manning thing was so good...love you!

Anonymous said...

You make being an Auntie look like so much fun! Don't tell Julie I said that :)
I have heard Brennan speak before as well--a very powerful message! Glad that God was able to speak through him, to get to you!