Sunday, June 13, 2010

Living and Learning

Wow, it has been a while since I have posted on here. Not even sure anyone is following me anymore since I have been so lame at updating this thing!

My life has taken many turns since the last post, too many to recount right now. The biggest turn is losing my beloved job. This has been such a painful time in my life but I am already seeing how God is using it for His good.

Throughout these last few weeks, I have received tremendous support from my family, friends, coworkers and parents. This has helped me truly believe in myself and also believe that I am a great teacher who has made a positive impact on so many lives. That is priceless and no one can take that away from me.

I am so thankful for the friends I have made at this school and I hope that these friendships last a long time, even with distance. I cherish these friends. Some of my coworkers are the closest friends I have, friends that know everything about me and yet still support and love me. That is priceless!

How do you pack up three years worth of wonderful memories and say goodbye to the people and place that means so much to you? I haven't found that answer yet. There have been so many tears, so much pain and so many unanswered questions. Through it all though, one thing has remained constant and that is God's love and presence. This is what has carried me through and seen me this far.

This next week is going to be extremely hard for me and I am sure there will be many more tears but I know there will also be laughter and more memories to make. I have started packing up my classroom and thankfully I have had help by my sis and nephews which has made this process a little less painful.

Over the last few weeks, I have had two very promising job interviews and I hope to hear back from at least one of those schools this week because it will make saying goodbye a whole lot easier, knowing I have another destination.

I am not sure how to close out this wonderful chapter in my life and I am not sure I am ready to either. Saying goodbye is so hard, especially when it is to people that mean the world to you. I know that there is a long road ahead that will see many more tears but I also know that God will make something good out of this and I need to trust that.

I will close with some pictures of the people that have impacted my life since teaching at ECS.


Two precious boys I had the privilege of teaching.


My most loyal and amazing friend, Julie.


Suzie and Sally, just a few of the teachers that I grew to love and bond with.


My sweet class from this year.


Angela, my traveler friend and Todd, my encouraging, honest and sound advice friend.

No comments: