Friday, February 1, 2008

Open House

The kids were SO proud of all their work they did to turn our classroom into an ocean. If you haven't already seen, not every wall space is blue but it still looked cute! I was very proud of them!

We made posters for each of the five oceans (I was taught there are 4 but every book says there is five...weird). We also made a poster of coral reefs and a map of the continents and oceans. The students also wrote reports on ocean animals and those are the papers you see all over the walls.

The blow up crabs and stuffed animals were also found at Goodwill for about 50 cents a piece. It was a low budget project and well worth it!





We got this puzzle at Goodwill and it was missing one piece. I had one of my students draw in the missing piece and was amazed at how well he drew it!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wow. Your classroom looks awesome! But, this post is a reminder as to why I will never be a primary teacher. I got all sweaty thinking about talking to the high school parents for 8 minutes per class period. I can't imagine the pressure of having to do something cool with your room! I'm glad it went well!