Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day (a day late!)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope you had as much fun during the day that I did. I felt so loved and appreciated by my family, my students and their families, and my friends. Who needs a boyfriend when you get as spoiled as I do? :) I am not going to lie, I am ready to date and get married but am waiting as patiently as I can!

I wasn't expecting so many gifts from my students. I think I have enough chocolate and stuffed animals to last a few years! Luckily I am going home to visit Mom and Dad and can share all of my goodies with them!

My day ended with a date with Steve, Heather and Micah. It was so fun to go to PF Changs and Borders to end the day. Micah was a great date and Steve and Heather were very sweet to me. Steve even brought me flowers and chocolates and that made my day! And of course to top it all off, we watched LOST. Have I mentioned I LOVE that show?

I had such a rotten day the day before so yesterday was so needed. My boss who I got to know this year and work for has decided to leave next year and that news has been really hard on me. Finally I find a great school with a great leader and now he is gone. I am a bit fearful of the next person the school will choose to take his place as most of you know my history with working under horrible leaders. I am going to try real hard to trust God in this. I have already had some great conversations and prayers with a few teachers over this and it has been so encouraging!

Today I sent off my application for grad school to SPU and signed up for the GRE! I would appreciate your prayers with all of that and let you know when I hear anything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo wee Amber! I had no idea that grad school ideas were REALLY in your head- very cool! Justin & I will definitely be praying for God's will do be done in your life. I'm glad that your V-day was fabulous and that you were spoiled rotten by all that love you!
Maybe I get to see you when you come home?! HOPEFULLY!