Sunday, December 16, 2007





This past Friday my class held a bake sale to help raise money for Isaiah and his family. Isaiah is a son of a childhood friend that was diagnosed with leukemia in May. My class decided to adopt him and his family for the year. As a class we decided that instead of giving gifts to each other, we would buy gifts for Isaiah's family (a total surprise!). We raised over $400 and I was blown away at the generosity that was shown during this bake sale. People just generously donated money without buying any baked goods. My students were so excited and so proud, it was fun to watch. Now comes the fun part of shopping for these gifts and presenting them to the family when I am home next week. God is so good and His goodness has shown through in a huge way this week.

Along with the bake sale, I was able to lead 11 of my students in a prayer to accept Jesus into their hearts, something that was not expected or planned but just a divine appointment.

On Friday, my 4th grade teacher from Cali was in town and wanted to come visit my classroom, I was SO excited and it was so fun to see her! She was only there for about a half hour but it didn't matter to me. The fact that she just wanted to see me was what meant so much.

So, this has been a week full of emotional highs and has been one of the best weeks of my life. I have seen God like never before and the generosity and love of people have amazed me. Here are some pictures of our fun times on Friday. Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That's so cool that you had a bake sale for Nate's family! How generous and sweet of you!

Sydney said to tell you hi. Well, she was trying to type and I'm guessing she was trying to type hello, but can't spell. She REALLY wants to say hi, so:
klokokkkmkkk (from Sydney)