Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back to School

Yes, it is that time again....I can hardly believe it! The summer months went by way too fast and I had way too much fun! :) It was a great summer full of great family time, fun weekend trips with friends and nannying for a very sweet family.

I feel like this post is boring without pictures but you will have to wait for some pictures! :) In the meantime I will leave you with some highlights of the first week of school (minus no sleep and the craziness of getting back into a crazy busy routine):

1. Receiving big hugs and love from my students from last year. Even though they were such a challenging class, I miss them and love every time I get to see any of them!

2. Hearing one of my new students tell his classmates that this is going to be his best year ever on the first day of school.

3. Coming back to my classroom not knowing that my students were in there waiting for me! I opened the door and the said, "Surprise! we love you!". On that day, I so needed to hear that!

4. Coaching volleyball with my great friend Angela and hearing my volleyball girls use the word "precious" because they know I am obsessed with that word.

5. Having a parent from last year tell me that my love for my students is so evident and that I made a significant difference in her son's life.

6. Being back in the community that I love and having so many meaningful conversations with my amazing coworkers.

Can you tell I love my job and where I work? :) It definitely has its challenges but it so rewarding all at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad back to school has been so positive for you! And, I had to add...I snuck a peak at your sister's blog and saw that she's reading Twilight. If you're looking for something to read, try it! The whole series was good...:-)